BUPA rollout the Complete Kit across 100 locations to increase the level of spontaneous activity for thier residents.
BUPA kick start sponteneous activity with Active Minds
Activities and engagement has always been a key component of the care and quality delivered at BUPA. An inclusive and extensive activities program is paramount to creating a warm and homely environment but delivering such a service has inherent challenges.
- Creating single message and standard across 200+ sites
- Individuals with dementia struggle to participate in some activities
- Activities often delivered by one person
- Regulatory requirements for services to be responsive to individualised needs
BUPA’s Care and Quality team engaged with Active Minds to introduce the homes to the Active Minds Complete Kit. This award winning activity box contains an assortment of products designed specifically for the needs of individuals with dementia. The box is designed to promote participation in activity from more members of the care team and provide spontaneous activity outside of planned sessions. The Complete Kit has been adopted by over 100 of BUPA’s care settings.
- 75% of participants felt the Complete Kit helped provide more activity to residents who would not usually participate
- 84% felt the kit helped to reduce boredom and frustration in the residents
- 60% felt more staff were participating in activity
- 81% felt the kit would help them evidence ‘person centred’ care
If you would like to speak to one of our team about a similar solution for your homes please get in touch
75% of participants felt the Complete Kit helped provide more activity to residents who would not usually participate
84% felt the kit helped to reduce boredom and frustration in the residents
60% felt more staff were participating in activity
81% felt the kit would help them evidence ‘person centred’ care
Active Minds kits have helped to promote the importance of being in the moment with a resident. They have helped us to facilitate both planned activities and spontaneous sessions and involve other members of staff. It's a very versatile toolkit which has really allowed us to stretch our activity hours and deliver more to the residentLinda Patel, OT Wellbeing & Activity Manager, Care & Quality