- Data controller
The information for which Active Minds (Ben Atkinson-Willes, CEO & Founder, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0) 203 488 2001) is the data controller:
- Active Minds shall be data controller of the personal data you enter in connection with your creation of a profile or registration for newsletters, i.e. your name, your password and your email address, as well as registration of your IP address.
- Furthermore, Active Minds shall be the data controller of the personal data which is disclosed to the fulfilment of any contractual duties such as order fulfilment, catalogue requests and customer services communications.
- Data processor
In some instances, Active Minds may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, website developers, IT services providers, shipping or direct mail organizations or storage facilities (“Data Processors”).
The Data Processors shall solely act according to instructions from Active Minds. Our agreements with them will not permit them to use your personal data for any other purposes and commit them to comply with applicable data privacy standards.
Some of our Data Processors may be seated outside the EU/EEA, including the U.S. If we use Data Processors from outside the EU/EEA, we have entered into standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you authorize Active Minds to give such instructions to the Data Processor which are necessary for the processing of data in accordance with this personal data policy and for the purpose of use of the Website.
- Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you. Where we ask you to provide us with any additional information, it will only be mandatory where we need it in order to provide you with the services you have requested – the provision of other information will be optional.
- Information you provide
- We may collect any information that you provide us when using the Online Services, including, but not limited to when you: create an account, purchase a product, sign-up to receive our electronic newsletter or otherwise contact us with a question, comment or request.
- The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- your name, contact information, username, password and other registration information;
- transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers; and
- information you provide when you contact Active Minds
- We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
- Information collected through automatic means:
We may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Online Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Online Services and the search terms you enter on the Online Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Online Services and to improve the Online Services and the services we provide. We may collect this information using Cookies (as defined below).
- Google Analytics:
If you would prefer not to accept Cookies, most browsers will allow you to:
- change browser settings to notify you when you receive a Cookie and whether or not to accept it;
- disable existing Cookies; or
- set the browser to automatically reject any Cookies. You can also learn more about Cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on Cookies and how to block Cookies using different types of browsers. Please be aware that if Cookies are disabled or rejected, you may be unable to access certain part of the Online Services and some features and services may not work properly.
This is the full list of cookies used on www.active-minds.org/uk:
- Google Analytics: for statistical purposes. You can decline cookies from Google Analytics by clicking on this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook: Set by Facebook only if you interact with the Facebook plugin or is already logged into Facebook from other source for the purpose of connecting and integrating with them. For the of displaying relevant advertisements and collecting analytical data of user interaction.
- Twitter: Set by Twitter only if you interact with the Twitter plugin or is already logged into Twitter from other source for the purpose of connecting and integrating with them.
- Google+: Set by Google only if you interact with the Google+ plugin or is already logged into Google from other source for the purpose of connecting with them. Google ads / Bing Ads: for the purpose of displaying relevant advertisements.
- VE-Interactive: for the purpose of displaying relevant advertisements.
- Mailchimp: for the purpose of displaying relevant personalized products in emails.
- Uses made of the information
- Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including billing you and contacting you about your orders.
- Respond to your inquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information.
- Let you know about important changes or developments to the site or our services.
- Provide and personalise our services generally.
- Administer records of our subscription services.
- Carry out market research campaigns.
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- Contact you by post, telephone, fax, SMS or by email (where you have consented to us doing so) to let you know about other products and services that we offer, and feel may be of interest. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, making the site easier for you to use and providing you with access to all parts of the site.
Our email newsletter campaigns are run via Mailchimp. We may gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mail chimp’s cookie notice
By subscribing to our newsletter, you consent to receive emails of the following kind:
- Our monthly email newsletter to update you on our latest product developments, news, offers and new products, and of course – the free dementia activity guides!
- Special offer emails, personal product recommendations and birthday treats
- Reminding you of products you viewed or left behind in your basket
You can always update your communication preferences to unsubscribe or tell us if and how you’d like us to contact you in future. See Section 8 below for further details on your rights in respect of your data.
To continually improve our services, we work with Trustpilot Review Platform to collect regular reviews and feedback on our products and services. By subscribing to our email communications, you also consent to receive the following:
- A general service review request following an order with us on the website
- A product specific review request following an order with us on the website
- A reminder to review our product or services
You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by following ‘unsubscribe here’.
Please note that by submitting a review, you consent to the Terms and Conditions outlined by Trustpilot and which can be found here. You consent to the use of your user name and review to be used publicly on the Active Minds website and any related marketing material online or offline, this can include but is not limited to: Print material, social media channels, website review widgets, blog posts, editorials and advertorials, email campaigns and digital advertising banners.
- Information we collect about you
We will use this information to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Keep our site safe and secure.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Where we store your information
The information that we collect about you will be held on our server in the United Kingdom. We share your information in the ways set out at Section 7 below.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law or regulation requires. We employ strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line.
- How your information is secured
We have administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Online Services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this information with anyone.
However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Online Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
- Disclosure of your information
- Except with your permission or as provided herein, we will not sell, trade or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent
- The information you provide to us will be held on our server in the United Kingdom and may be accessed by or given to our staff for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Agents that we engage to perform functions on our behalf including fulfilling order deliveries, sending customer communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we retain third parties to carry out promotions and other activities for which you have registered or in which you have otherwise asked to participate.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate or transfer all or a portion of our assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms (https://www.active-minds.org/uk/terms-and-conditions/) and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Active Minds, our customers, our staff or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely, in accordance with this policy and that the transfer of your data is carried out in compliance with data protection laws, such as by putting contractual safeguards in place to protect the data.
- We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site (e.g. we might disclose the median ages of visitors to our site, or the numbers of visitors to our site that come from different geographic areas) to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you personally.
- Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can change the way we contact you or stop receiving marketing communications by email at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any Active Minds marketing email. You can also exercise the right to opt-out at any time by contacting us by email on email@example.com. If you write, please do give us your full name and the email address used to receive marketing communications so that we can ensure we carry out your instructions correctly.
- You are entitled to access the personal information which we hold about you. If you want to request access to your data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a copy of your information or wish to request that your data be transferred to another data controller, please contact email@example.com.
- Correction, Update and Deletion of the Personal Data: You can request correction, update and deletion of your personal information via e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third-party links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Do not track signals
- California Residents
If you reside in California and have provided your personal information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the following email address: email@example.com.
We may use information that you supply to us in connection with recruitment activities including if you make a speculative application for a role with Active Minds.
- We sometimes use in-house and third party providers to manage recruitment exercises for us.
- You can apply for a position via email.
- In your email you may:
- Apply for specific positions at Active Minds which are advertised
- Apply speculatively for positions at Active Minds which are not advertised.
- In order to apply for a position you will have to provide personal information. The personal information you will be asked to provide will include your:
- Postal and email address
- Contact telephone number
- The position at Active Minds for which you are applying; and
- Information about your academic and professional qualifications and experiences
- You will have the opportunity to provide diversity related information in order for us to conduct equal opportunities monitoring. The provision of this information is entirely voluntary and if you choose not to provide it your application(s) will not be affected in any way. This information will only be accessed by Active Minds in aggregated format for the purpose of its equal opportunities trend monitoring.
- Information provided will be retained for a minimum of twelve months after application submission for short-listed candidates.
- We will use the personal information you submit to:
- Assess your suitability for a position at Active Minds
- Deal with your inquiries and requests
- Contact you in relation to your application for a position at Active Minds
- Manage and administrate our recruitment processes; and
- Where you have asked us to do so, to contact you about vacancies at Active Minds which arise and for which we think you may be suitable. You can stop receiving these emails at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that neither you, nor other individuals are identified) for the purposes of monitoring and developing our recruitment activity.
- Contact us