With 2016 rolling to a close, we thought it would be a good opportunity to take a look back at the amazing year we have had at Active Minds.
- In July we released Scentscape, a comprehensive series of kits incorporating themed sounds and smells designed to spark conversation, encourage relaxation and evoke pleasant memories. Each Scentscape kit includes a CD, to be used alongside the four different scents. The CD has 4 different sections featuring sounds that are authentic and relaxing, recreated using real utensils, tools and objects from the 1950s.
- Scentscape has gone from strength to strength, being nominated for Outstanding Dementia Care Product at the National Dementia Care Awards this year. We are passionate about Scentscape and are thrilled that it has quickly become our best seller!
- Our team is expanding! In 2016 we brought more talented people into our design team to help us continue to make innovative and ground-breaking products for people living with dementia.
- We also expanded internationally, as now Active Minds products are available to buy on our website in the USA as well.
- We are getting closer and closer to our pledge to design and create 100 products to support people living with dementia by 2017!
- We are continuing to forge valuable and long-term partnerships with companies such as Unilever, BUPA and Four Seasons.
So, that was 2016 – we had a fantastic year and are so grateful for all the support we have received. We are incredibly excited to see what 2017 has in store.
Merry Christmas to you all, from the Active Minds Team.